Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 14

Sunday, March 31st

Happy Resurrection Day from the Sharp's!






We had a great morning worshipping at church and then we were off to Pa and Gee's house with Grandma Bell for an Italian feast!





Somebody's hungry!



After naptime we hid all the Resurrection Eggs and Levi hunted for them in the basement since it was rainy outside. He was a good egg finder. Then we opened them all up again and finally got to open the last one.

Egg #12- a Marshmallow! (It actually should stay empty to represent the empty tomb!)

Why in the world a marshmallow, you say? Yep, my husband asked the same thing. I didn't think it would go over well to leave it empty for him right now, so I wanted to do something that would represent Jesus, a spotless lamb, the sweetness in such sadness and I thought it could lead straight into making the Resurrection Rolls.
We actually didn't get to make the rolls, too much going on for him today, but we'll try it next year!

Where are all the eggs?





Going through the Easter story again.

 
What's this?

Marshmallows are so "mummy" as Levi would say for "yummy"!



 It was a wonderful celebration of our Lord's Resurrection!

Monday, April 1st

Just had a low-key kinda day today, coming down from all the excitement of the last week of Easter. I gave Levi lots of one-on-one playtime with me, no cleaning, cooking today, just play, play, play! It was good.

Playing with Si!


Dancing with Mommy.


Tuesday, April 2nd

Back to Learning Time! Levi has been begging for it the last few days, that makes me feel like it's worth all the effort. Plus, it feels like it's part of the routine now, when we don't do it, the day feels different.

Learning Time Concepts this week:

*Wrap up Creation Book
*God Made Me
*New Verse: Psalm 139:14
*Things that are Purple
*Triangles
*Number 7

I feel like Levi is ready to be challenged a bit more with a longer Learning Time session so we are going to start on a book each week too and do activities along with that book. First book, Chicka, Chicka Boom Boom of course! The link takes you to a great resource with activities for that book, I'm just picking out a few appropriate for Levi.

*Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - focusing on the letters in his name and saying ALL the letters of the alphabet.

Also, another component we are incorporating everyday is Character-Building. I feel like I do this all day long anyway, but I picked up this book, God's Wisdom for Little Boys and thought Levi would enjoy the short rhyme, Bible verse and pictures to help him visualize all these big words Mommy tells him he needs to be all the time. It went over really well today!

Last page to the Creation Book. Levi found all these pictures, by himself, here's Mommy, Levi and Si and a big Daddy!

The finished product, he's very proud of himself.

Finding purple pictures in our story while wearing Mommy's purple sunglasses, hey, it's the little things!

New Bible Verse


 Focusing on one character trait a week: this week's is being Helpful.



Apples are a theme throughout the book, so I wrote the trait on the apple along with the verse and each time he demonstrates this he gets a sticker on his apple. Look, he already got one after throwing some trash away for Mommy!
                                                                                 

Wednesday, April 3rd

We made Adam and Eve people.


Too excited to find two huge coloring books at Sam's club that match his Bible stories perfectly!


Before we read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom today we searched for letters in the "hay".


When we found the letters that matched Levi's name we matched them to his easel.

 
He was very concerned about doing Josiah's name too. Aaaah, brotherly love is finally coming through!

This was a super fun learning time today we went a whole hour today. It's amazing to me to think back in January he could only handle 10-15 minutes. He's growing up!

Look, who else is ready for some Learning Time too:




Thursday, April 4th

Learning Time today:

God Made People!


Finding the Letters and then...




Mommy wrote them on a post-it note and put them in the blank, said the rhyme and put them on the tree.

Super fun! Here's a taste of how this goes:




Levi is still working on being Helpful this week. He helped Mommy today by setting the table for me. This is with absolutely no assistance from me. Not too shabby for a left-handed, two year old!:)


 

                                                                                                                                              


 After dinner Levi and Daddy went out for some "guy-time". Picked up some stuff for the lawn and then went to the "fish-store" to look at the fish. Levi loves it, it's like going to a mini-zoo for him. These Daddy-son times are wonderful, I can really see how it changes Levi and makes him a better person. Here they are after they got back home and Levi asked Daddy to read a book to him...about fish of course!









 Friday, April 5th

Gee came over today so I could do some blitz cleaning and run to the store. She found my old Lite-Brite and brought it over:




Then that night off to Spring Music Festival at the college. The boys did great and I think really enjoyed the music. We did too on Experiencing God, lots of old and new favorites!




 Saturday, April 6th

Some more Toys for Boys:







Levi got this game, Spot It, in his kid's meal at Chik-fil-a last time. The funny thing was I have it on my wishlist at Amazon to pick up for his birthday. I was thrilled he got it to try it out. It's a hit! We don't play it exactly like the directions say just yet, but I highly recommend it. John and I love it too!

Here is another good way to pass the time during Si's naptime or on a rainy day; a Tupperware filled up with rice, Levi calls it hay. Add some trucks and some buried treasure and you're good to go. We use it during learning time too to find buried letters. Fun stuff! Also, what made this even more fun today was watching youtube videos before we broke this out of excavators getting stuck and them getting pushed out by other dozers and things. Haha, boys, boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment