Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Toys for Boys

This post is actually not just for boys, but the teacher in me likes to rhyme. :)

I love finding toys that are not all flashy, but ones that encourage the mind and the hands to work together and encourages imaginative play. I'm always on the lookout for those kinds of toys. Here are some toys in our house that get played with over and over and don't have all the bells and whistles. (Don't get me wrong, bells and whistles have their place too, for example, we don't go anywhere without Scout in the car with us!)

1. The Racetrack

Move over HotWheels this racetrack will give you a run for ya money!

Educo Switchback Racetrack




Josiah plays with this already too and does it very well, they will both play on this for 30 minutes or so at a time. Only warning, it doesn't have the bells and whistles, but it is still loud! The wooden cars on the wooden track can be very loud. But, it's worth it!


2. The Top

Yep, a top. Who would have thought? Not sure who makes this top, but Levi and Josiah LOVE this thing. It has cars that spin around a track (go figure), as you press it down.  This was a Zulily find, great website to find these kinds of toys for your children.




3. The Playskool Spinner

Ok, this is very similar to the top but with an added element my boys love, BALLS! Levi played with this as a baby forever, still loves it and now Josiah is getting in on the action. We don't use the balls so much anymore because the dog eats them, but we make a game of what other toys can fit inside. This one is great for fine motor skills because they can practice sliding a door open and shut. Josiah is just now figuring this out. By the way, this one is loud too.

Why do my boys like loud toys? haha!





The good thing about loud toys, I have to say is, I can be in a different room for a period of time!

4.   Zany Zoo Activity Cube

This was Josiah's Christmas present and I have to say they do not play with is AS much as the toys mentioned above, but they do play with it a lot.  Levi loves moving the beads, but gets annoyed that all the beads do not fit on one side. Haha, he's our little perfectionist sometimes.

This is a very sturdy, quality made toy, I feel like it will last for a long time.





I'm hoping to pick a few more toys like this for the boys for their birthdays. I'm looking into Wedgits.

Please comment below if you have any great toy ideas for two active boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment