Monday, March 25, 2013

Quick Oats made even quicker!

*I am no food-blogger, so excuse the messy pictures. This is done VERY quickly!

So here's our family's basic oatmeal recipe. I feel this is a great base, but if it was for me I would add-in a bunch of yummy stuff at the end, but I don't like oatmeal that much to really do that. The boys eat it...EVERY morning!



Take an empty container and begin this recipe 1 cup at a time.

1 cup of oats
1 1/2 tsp of nonfat dry milk (optional)
a pinch of salt
3 1/2 TB of brown sugar
a shake of cinnamon



Mix well and pour into container. Repeat the ingredients, I can get about 10 cups of oatmeal into my container. I like to do it in small steps so the brown sugar can stick to the oats better instead of being so clumpy.

By the way, this is what a shake of cinnamon looks like, in case you were wondering!;)


Now, I keep 1/4 Cup scoop in the container add 1/2 Cup hot water and stir, let sit 2 minutes at least.



Some fun add-ins could be maple syrup, dried fruit, applesauce and the list could go on and on...

Yummy!

My kids prefer this now over the instant packets any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment