Monday, March 18, 2013

Lessons from Levi #7

See this little boy, almost 3 years old now, trying to be like his Daddy? He's growing up so strong and smart. I love watching him learn. He can climb up and down stairs, he can brush his teeth, he can count, say his ABC's and sing songs and Bible verses and I could go on and on.



No, really, I could.

But, you know what? This little, almost 3 year old boy just sometimes wants to still be a baby.


"I wanna hold Momma."

Here we are in the middle of playing in his little brother's room, he's pretending to be a "big giant" and then he stops and says those four little words.

The laundry basket goes down and I immediately sit in the floor.

"Come here Levi, let Momma hold you."

He curls up in my lap, in a tiny little ball and whispers, "poor little baby". (This is what I tell Si when he's crying and I'm comforting him.)

"You're my baby Levi, you'll always be Momma's baby".

I can't type those words without tears in my eyes.

"Poor little baby," he says again.

This scene goes on for a few more minutes, he looks up and gives me a big, old kiss right on the lips. "Big giant" kisses are the best.

"Let's go to sleep" he says.

So we curl up in the bed together and snuggle a while, pretending to snore while little brother is finally getting to play with all the toys that Levi was taking away.

This scene goes on for at least 5 minutes.

Then, out of nowhere, "Come on Momma, let's go play trucks".

Lesson from Levi:

#7 Just hold your babies...even when they think they are big giants.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment