Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 17

Sunday, April 21st

The only time the countertop is this clean, 30 minutes before Bible Study starts!:)





We have such a wonderful group that is very understanding to our two kids. Here they are getting in some play time afterwards:






Monday, April 22nd

I had such a sick little boy on my hands today. He didn't budge from this spot for 5 hours.







You know he's sick when he's letting little brother have at all the toys!

He only ran a low-grade fever and had cold symptoms. He wouldn't eat hardly anything, but he did drink a lot. This evening though he started making a turn-around!

Playing nicely with Si:




Tuesday, April 23rd

Levi is definitely doing better than yesterday, not quite back to himself, however, but it's nice to see him up and about.






Daddy had a late day, so Pa and Gee came by to check on the boys, we took the opportunity to get some fresh air. We ALL needed it!

Running for the woods.

This is what Si does when he hears something.

On the Harley for the first time! I think he's ready for a Fat Boy!



Wednesday, April 24th

Still no Learning Time this week, we are still out of sorts. Boy, we are missing it though. Lord-willing we will get back to it next week.

Josiah is loving working on his fine-motor skills these days. Every time I turn around he is picking something a part. Here he is taking the cover on and off the thermometer lid, over and over.


Thursday, April 25th

Daddy is in charge of the annual golf tournament the college does every year. Here is his team:






Of course Daddy's hat got stolen as soon as he came home.


Friday, April 26th


Here was a little project I worked on today. My green smoothies for the next week. My plan is to replace one or two meals a day with them. Starting out with just one and see how that does since I'm still nursing. I definitely have to get enough to eat or I will feel it!






Ingredients:

1 cup of organic spinach
1 cube (frozen in an ice tray) of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 ripe banana 
1 cup of tropical fruit in the big bags

In the smaller bags I will add 1 cup of blueberries, the bag just wasn't opened yet so I skipped that part.

To prepare: Just pop it out still frozen in the blender, I add kefir and juice (going to start cutting back on this and just do water), TB of chia seeds and oatmeal. When I cut back on the juice I will probably add honey or agave, or maybe just a whole banana, or vanilla extract. We shall see!

So am I trying to lose weight? No not really, just do not want to gain it back after I wean the baby like I did last time. I've already gained a couple pounds since we are down to three nursing sessions. Also, this is easy to do instead of trying to cook up a meal for me while I'm running around with a couple of kids. Plus, it's a super way to get my servings of fruits and vegetables and hopefully keep my energy up. I'll keep you updated on how this goes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We met Daddy at work today for the All-school picnic. Levi of course, loved the pond. He fed the fish, bread, the whole evening.


Saturday, April 27th


There is nothing like a bright new yellow pad, highlighter, pen and pencil to get the teacher in me going. This afternoon I'm working on a college class that I teach while the boys are sweetly playing:


Someone looks bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again. Praise the Lord!



But look who is sick by this evening.


Poor thing, same symptoms as Levi. I guess they are getting good at this whole sharing thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment