I've been so tired lately, between getting up with Levi at night to go potty and Josiah still nursing around 5-6am and then John's clock going off at 6:30, it's finally getting to me. I am getting too old for the nightlife.:) All that to say, I don't feel quite like myself these days, my mind is a little cloudy and I forget just about everything. Couple that with the daily stresses and decisions of life, the sad world we live in and events that take place and it can be a scary place.
But in the midst of it all Levi likes to remind me of this,
"Be happy, Momma."
I don't think I'm smiling as much as I used to.
I can give lots of reasons why as stated above on why I don't quite feel so "happy" but it has made me examine my heart.
Proverbs 15:13
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."
Or the toddler version:
"A glad heart makes a happy face...
Levi is not naturally a smiley kid or over-friendly to others so it has made me stop and think about my example to him. Am I smiling? Am I showing him how to be friendly with my own interactions with him?
Probably not as much as I like to these days.
So Lesson from Levi #8 is
#8 Smile, be happy around your kids and find your joy in the Lord. It's contagious.
John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
More Lessons from Levi:
Lessons from Levi #7
Lessons from Levi #6
Lessons from Levi #1-#5
No comments:
Post a Comment