I have been crucified with Christ it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and this life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Took me 2 days this time!:) This was a verse I used to have down, but was a bit rusty...if you don't use it, you lose it! Anyway, the second day I was working on it I underlined some key words--key words for me anyhow, probably random to someone else--but the key words for me were--crucified, but, flesh, faith, and loved, this helped me a ton! Organizing your thoughts in a logical process is crucial for easy memorization I have found!
I loved having this verse to work on this past week of Thanksgiving; cause really this is what it's all about for a Christian! Yes, I'm thankful for a beautiful family, my home, my job, food on the table and all the little blessings of things I don't need but have; but ultimately I'm thankful that this life is not it--it's not all I have to look forward to! My life is now Christ's because He died for ME...WOW! I know, maybe like some of you, I don't meditate on this enough...the old me is dead, praise the Lord, though I still struggle with the body of the flesh it is so comforting that one day it won't always bind me.
Another really cool thing happened this past week. This verse in particular but the other two as well started popping in my head for no apparent reason, while I was cleaning the house or playing with Levi, just engaging in everyday activities I was hiding God's Word in my heart, it's awesome! God was bringing His thoughts to my mind instead of my mind wandering and wandering as it does!:) Even though it does take some work, I'm so thankful for the ability to memorize God's Word and then letting His Holy Spirit do the rest!
What a great week, Thanksgiving is just such a special time, gets me ready to enjoy Christmas because I've recognized I have so much to be thankful for. This little guy in particular is helping me see the holidays in a much different light as well, but that's for another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment