So for Week #2 my memory verse reminded me a lot of last week's, but I tried to focus on some key words to branch out my thinking on this one.
II Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
The key words "fear"; "power"; "love"; and "sound mind" are what also assisted me in memorizing this in just a few readings as well....that's for free;)
Anyway, of course my mind camped on "fear" because as I explained last week I am quite a fearful person and struggle with my thoughts that like to take hold-- those of anxiety and worry. But I really tried to branch out a little bit and focus on the other key words. As I studied and prayed the context of the verse is really about serving and loving God and others in the midst of persecution. I know that's hard for us to understand in America, persecution, but not as hard as it used to be. I know I definitely can tell a difference from even a few years ago when it comes to the "tolerance" of Christianity in various circles.
So, I really asked God to bring this verse to mind when I need to be BOLD for Him. Maybe that's speaking to a fellow believer about sin, or witnessing to others, or standing up for godly principles even when EVERYONE else is not! I also was reminded considering the context again, that no matter where I'm at working or right now as a stay-at-home mom, to always serve sacrificially (love) even when I don't want to or the person or people I'm around don't deserve it!
Easier said than done I know...but I'm working on it!
As my SIL's blog is so rightly titled for us all, "A Work in Progress" we are for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment