Friday, November 12, 2010

Scripture Memory Week #1

To make myself a bit more accountable for my Scripture memory verses I hope every week to post the verse I memorized and just some thoughts from the week on how the verse blessed me:

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because He trusts in You.

This verse was easy to memorize because of the three phrases it has...I just memorized "You", "whose" and "because" right off and the rest came very quickly after that. (I like to give pointers on memorization, I do this some in my teaching as well;)..)

Anyway, this verse has really helped me focus this week! Everytime my thoughts started wandering on stuff that was ungoldy, not true, or fearful the Lord brought this to my mind..."whose mind is stayed on You"...if I can keep my mind on the things of God and trust Him, He promises to give me perfect peace. I don't know about you, but I could use some perfect peace right now. With everything going on in politics, our economy and raising a child now in this day and age my mind likes to go kinda nuts and I became really downhearted--hey, wait a minute, that's not perfect peace, is it? Why not---cause I'm not trusting God in all these circumstances and allowing my mind to "stay" on Him.

Not saying you turn a blind eye to what's going on in the world, but if you're not careful Satan uses it to steal our joy as Christians.

Be informed and then give it to God!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment