But before that, the first week of Novemeber brings with it Missions Conference at the Bible College. Dr. Alderman from VA was the main speaker; he is such a wonderful, passionate godly man. He had some great challenges for us all. The point that stuck out to myself and John as we talked later was the sermon he gave on one verse, really only the first three words, when Paul identifies himself as an apostle of Jesus Christ. BOLD IDENTIFICATION was the point--do I bodly identify myself with Christ throughout my day to day life? Interesting thought...
Here we are sitting in the back at Missions Conference...don't know what we were doing!lol!

Friday morning we woke up to this out our window:


That same weekend was also our church's first Ladies conference, Embracing the heart of God, with Sandy Day from Caleb Ministries. Wow, what an awesome and convicting time we had together as ladies. I was able to lead worship before our sessions, it was nice to be involved with that again. Levi has taken priority over music, but every once in a while I like getting back into it!
Mrs. Sandy Day was a lady to be admired as well. She had an amazing testimony, one that could reach out to women who have had abortions, miscarriages or problems with infertility....topics that are "hard" for us even as Christian ladies to discuss together, these topics are so soul-wrenching at times. The thing that stuck out the most for me though was her knowledge of the Word. She just overflowed with Scripture whenever she spoke and prayed. She had memorized seven books of the Bible!!! WOW! I realized how I really needed to make Scripture memory a discipline again in my own life. So I started up...a verse a week and it's amazing how many times the Lord uses that verse in my day to day routines!:)
What a blessed week and weekend it was. A refreshing spiritual-recharge after soccer season for us both!
Here's the website to Sandy Day's ministries. There are some awesome resources for churches to reach out to ladies and families that are going through some of the things mentioned above...
www.calebministries.org
You'll have to cut and paste, I couldn't get it to hyperlink! Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment