Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So, what do you do all day?

Yes, I have been asked that a lot since taking this year off to stay home with Levi, and yes, the majority of people are not female or have no children!:)

I almost laugh everytime I get asked this and if you're a parent you understand why, cause honestly the days that I get a shower and get the kitchen clean are HUGE accomplishments!!! But, I don't want to say that outloud, it sounds awful! Things are getting better in that regard, Levi is pretty much on a definite schedule and I know now when he naps how long I have to get things done. But I thought I would enlighten a few people and let them know what I do all day!

4am-Put Levi back to sleep--he's been waking up everyday this week around this time, don't know what's going on here.:( I think it's a habit from when he was sick with his ear infections, we'll get thru it!

6:30am- Feed Levi

8am- Send the hubby off to work, on a good day I'm up--but if it's a rough night I may not be yet! This is also my personal morning time to get ready, devos, drink coffee!

9-10- Levi usually gets up for the day sometime as early as 9 or as late as 10:30.
He nurses, then plays, then eats oatmeal, I clean up the kitchen while he's still in his highchair. Then it's a little more playtime and then Bible story time before his first nap around 11-11:30.

11:30-12:30 Ok, naptime is cleaning the house time/laundry! I try to hit hard one area of the house a week.

12:30- Levi's up, time to nurse, play and then eat his veggies for lunch, also my lunch time. Clean up the kitchen again and during this time I'll put him in his jumper and I'll make up some baby food for him.

2:30-? Right now, this second nap of the day is a bit confusing. Levi used to just sleep an hour but now he sometimes sleeps 2 1/2 hours. So, sometimes I get a little more around the house done and bit more me time...facebook, blogging, going outside for some fresh air! It's nice, I'm liking this extra time. It's also time for another dose of caffeine!

4:00ish-nurse, then start cooking supper for Daddy!

5:00- Dinner time for everyone, Levi eats his third meal for the day too, barley and his veggie. Clean up the kitchen, AGAIN! And then we're on John's schedule!:)

8:00-Levi nurses, bathtime and then in bed usually no later than 9pm.

Finally, some time with the hubby before we both zonk out!:)

And that's a wrap folks! I am always so amazed at how quickly the day goes by, it's unbelievable!

Of course, this schedule is when we are at home all day, it can get REALLY crazy when we have to run errands or have doctor's appointments or church functions!:)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...I still get that and I have been home for 9 years now.....and just to warn you...enjoy this time now with only one...when he is young and taking naps b/c it only gets more busy and more crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Lee Ann! Please check out my blog! How do you put music on your blog?

    ReplyDelete