Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week 8

Sunday, Feb. 19th

Everybody was waiting on the snowstorm today! The first prediction was over a foot, but as things moved closer it was obvious that the southern snowstorm was not going to come up as far north as they thought, we ended up with 5 or 6 super wet and thick inches! It was gorgeous, but caused a lot of problems with power outages in the area. Thank the Lord, we did not have the power go out, but here's a few pics of the day. Again, no small group again tonight...





Monday, Feb. 20th

Got surprised after a shorter day at work today by my sister-in-law and niece and nephews from CT! They were at our house! Just passing thru on their way south. Levi had a blast with his cousins, here's a few pics from the afternoon:











Crying after his auntie and cousins left!



Tuesday, Feb. 21st
Over the past few days Levi has really taken to his sleeping buddy, his monkey or "key". He carries him around all day long and pretends to feed him, take him on rides and all kind of stuff. It's sweet to watch but can kinda be a hassle sometimes. So glad we have two!:)



Wednesday, Feb.22nd

Home from work today because I'm still fighting a really bad cough and didn't want to be around all the kids again today with that. So I took the opportunity to rest and do a little bit of organizing. Here's all the newborn to 3months clothes from Levi's storage box, it was so weird to go thru these again, I feel like I just put them away.:) Anyway, it got me really excited to meet this new little guy!



Also, took Levi and myself to a doctor's appt, Levi for his well-baby check up and me, since I'm still sick. Look how happy Levi is to be at the dr:



Anyway, Levi is back on the charts now! His dr was so happy, since he had been struggling to gain weight since his staph infection, but everything was back to "his" normal and we're all very happy about that, an answer to prayer!

Me, on the other hand, I found out once again that there's nothing anybody can do for a sick pregnant lady except write you a work excuse and tell you to go rest...that's ok, I'll take it, I need it!

Thursday, Feb.23rd

Went to bed last night with some pain on the left side of my chest and under my arm and was hoping to wake up today, pain free...but that didn't happen. I woke up worse, so of course, I called my OB and my regular DR and got the same advice from both, go to the hospital and find out what's going on. This is not really what I wanted to do, but I felt silly not taking either one of their advice, so we went. And I'll tell you what, people don't mess around with a pregnant lady, I got wheeled in immediately and had care. After my vitals and everything were cleared, then the waiting game started, but after 4 hours of waiting and testing they ruled out the worst and diagnosed me with pleurisy. I was more curious to see if I had a broken or cracked rib, that's the main reason I went, but we didn't find that out and I don't think it is. It's hard to know when to make the decision though of when to go to the hospital and when not too, but when there is another life dependent on you, it really changes things. Praise the Lord, everything turned out fine, this momma just needs to get some rest and another antibiotic!

Levi giving me some loving before I went to the hospital.



Friday, Feb. 24th

I rested today, really rested. Felt great! My mom made it possible by coming over and running around with Levi. Thank you, Mom! It was a gorgeous morning at 60 degrees, so they went out to burn some energy:





Saturday, Feb. 25th

I'm feeling better today, again, Praise the Lord! John and I took the day to all stay home and rest. Through all this going on this week, he got sick too, with whatever I had, so we are a real mess. Levi's a hoot though, John and I were both coughing this morning and he looked at each of us back and forth and then started pretend coughing! What a smartie pants! haha! Lord-willing he will stay healthy.

Levi's Pa and Grannie came by this evening to give hime some interactive play time since we've tried to stay out of his face today.





This makes me tired just looking at it!

~Looking forward to posting about next week and to see how God will use all these events in our lives to make us stronger and more compassionate.~

No comments:

Post a Comment