Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 31

Sunday, July 31st
John was in charge of a motorcycle ride at our church this evening, but before he left we made a yummy dinner. My crazy, smart husband had the idea of making our own flour tortilla bowls for taco salad. Here's the basic steps.

1. Preheat oven to 400degrees.
2. Roll up some tin foil into a shape of a ball.
3. Spray both sides of the tortillas with olive oil spray and lay them over the balls of tinfoil.
4. Cook them in the oven on a cookie sheet until they are golden brown.
5. Let them set for a few minutes before you dive into them, we didn't, but the tortilla was crispier towards the end of our meal.
6. ENJOY!






After dinner, John led the first motorcycle ride our church has done together. It was a beautiful afternoon and the group went to Gauley Bridge and had a devotional time at Kanawha falls. Then off towards Oak Hill where they just opened another Custard Stand, a local business that is AMAZING!:) Here's a few pics from their afternoon. By the way, I opted out this time and visited with a friend whose a mother of an almost 2 year old whose husband was on the trip too!







Monday, August 1st
Levi is learning how to sit in a chair I bought him. I really needed to get the kid to relax while he was eating a snack instead of literally running around the house and me trying to shove food down his throat!:) Anyway, it's working pretty good...IF the TV is on! haha!




Tuesday, August 2nd

I had a very sick boy today. He didn't sleep hardly at all the night before and I had to wake him up this morning at 10am! I absolutely had to go to the store today to get him some food and milk so we made the big trek to Wal-Mart. He's such a trooper even when he's feeling bad. Here he is kinda smiling at me in line.



Wednesday, August 3rd

Today makes 22 years that I have known Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I was kind of melancholy about it today, I don't know why. I am so very thankful; I can't even express it in words, but I guess the burden of having a child and wanting them to come to know Jesus wears on a parent's soul. I thanked the Lord today for my brother who as a 12 year old led me to Christ when I was 5. I also prayed and asked God to save Levi as soon as he understands and maybe one day he'll lead one of his siblings to Christ in the future!
Here's a pic of me and my brother back in the day!:)




And one more recent!




Thursday, August 4th

Alpine had their end-of-the-year activity at Lake Stephens, so John spent the day there. Levi and I came for about an hour, he still wasn't feeling good today. This gives you a taste of what the guides do for fun!







Friday, August 5th

Tomatoes are coming in like crazy! Nothing beats a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich!




Saturday, August 6th

John had to work the river today, so my mom came over to show me how to can up some of those tomatoes. I was kind of nervous about it but we just did a small batch and it worked out great. It's not too hard just one of those things you have to prep for! Hoping to can some more here in a few days! Here's how we did it.

Poured some boiling water over the tomatoes. When the skin started to crack we peeled them.




Then we quartered them and threw them into a pot.




Brought the tomatoes to a boil. In the meantime the cans and lids are being boiled as well. Here's everything boiling at the same time.




Then we got the jars out, filled it up with tomatoes, a teaspoon of both sugar and salt and then placed the lids on and prayed!:)
Worked beautifully though!:) Thanks mom!



Now I'm looking forward to a cold winter day to make some chili! Soon enough, I know!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment