Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week 30

Sunday, July 24th

No pic, but we had a surprise Pastor Appreciation this evening for our Pastor and his wife's 20th year at our church. It is so refreshing to have such a man of God apart of our lives. I am so thankful and am excited for Levi to get to know him as his pastor one day!

If you're looking for a solid Biblical church in the Beckley area Maxwell Hill is a good one!

Monday, July 25th

This makes up for my absence of a picture on Sunday...a VIDEO!



We played in the rain in between my huge project this week of organizing our basement. Totally not fun, but I am excited to get it finished one of these days. It is just one of those projects that dominoes into something else constantly. Here's a few pics of what the basement looks like BEFORE I embark on this journey!





Tuesday, July 26th

Levi and I followed John out to the bike shop to get his flat tire fixed. Interesting trip to say the least, because the tire kept going flat and we had to stop to pump it up, but he made it...finally!





And still working on the basement...


Wendesday, July 27th

Ok, it's really hard to explain Levi's obsession with balls, but here's a few pics from today of him playing with his new-found love: a beachball!



The kid loves balls! This is him playing in between me working on the, what?...
yes, basement!:)




Thursday, July 28th
Well, between working on the ________ (insert the word basement here)I had to clean up the house a bit, it was getting neglected from spending all my time in the dungeon. John had some guides over to play Settlers of Catan, really cool game. Check it out here.


So, since my mom was over she decided to teach Levi how to vacuum...so cute!





Friday, July 29th

Ok, of course working on the basement, but took a break this afternoon, took Levi out to Chik-fil-a and I ran into Staples for some school shopping, aaahh! Yes, I said it, I've been trying to avoid that "s" word! haha! Still praying for a half-time position, I would covet your prayers on that!
Here's a picture of Levi and my mom before we went out...



Saturday, July 30th

Praise the Lord! After another long day of this time, John, working on the basement we are finished! He had to rebuild the shelves to hold all the storage totes and then we reorganized the pantry and here's the finished product:









I am so proud and refreshed to know that a tiny portion of my life is organized!:) I'm still a work in progress in that area. I actually have a whole room full of school files to sort and organize now, but nevertheless, little by little! I have thanked the Lord so much this week for a home and just all the things that I have come across that have reminded me how blessed I am in so many areas!


This morning we also made our monthly trip (this is only our second month however) of picking up our food from Angel Food Ministries at a local church. So far, we have really enjoyed everything. I have tried a couple different boxes and it really does save us money. I honestly prefer this over worrying about coupons and traveling to so many different stores. I am not having to go to Walmart or Kroger like I used to every 4 days! I encourage you to check out the link there are distribution centers everywhere and it's really a great ministry! Here's a few pics from the food we received today, let me tell you our freezer is FULL!





Come on over for dinner sometime!:)

1 comment: