Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 28

Sunday, July 10th

Left at 4:15am to head back to WV. It was a very smooth trip back. We went a different way than usual. Instead of going up and all the way around NYC, we went straight through since it was a Sunday at 6:30am when we'd be going thru. Worked out great and cut probably 2hours of driving time out for us. We pulled in our driveway at exactly 4:15pm. Not bad, since it took us 15hours on the way up. Here's two pics from George Washington Bridge--one side is NYC and the other is the rustic Hudson River, such contrasts.




Monday, July 11th
John went back to work and I did laundry, lots of it! Later that night, we cooked up some veggies from the garden and grilled out. Yummy!



Tuesday, July 12th

Came back home to an Amazon of a garden. John trimmed back the tomato plants, cause a lot of the leaves were dying underneath, here's what we found...yum, can't wait!




Wednesday, July 13th

Did lots of errands today, no pic.

Thursday, July 14th

It is funny how society and our culture breeds in us a desire for material things, even as babies everyone tells us we should have all these "toys" for our children. I'm trying, key word "trying" to keep Levi's toys in his room and not have a toy room in our adult space, because I think it is important for Levi to realize what different spaces are used for. All that to say, I let Levi play with my kitchen utensils and things and he LOVES it. Much rather play with my stuff than his cutesy toys. So, if you come over to my house you won't be tripping over hot wheels (just yet), you'll be tripping over measuring cups, lids and tupperware!:) haha!




Friday, July 15th

Had a day out with Granny and Grandpa, lots of fun. Went to Bellacino's, Sam's and back to our house for playing in the sunshine!







Saturday, July 16th

Cool, cloudy day, so of course when John has a day off, he's doing something around the house. Today he sealed the driveway, did a great job, he's such a hard worker.




I took the time to try out a new recipe from Ree Drummond's blog, The Pioneer Woman. This is a pic from her website because mine turned out terrible. Anyway, if you have some basil you want to use up and want something different besides pesto, you have to try this. I found some great looking and tasting peaches at Sam's this week and the recipe turned out great. I didn't change a thing. Had it on Vanilla Bean ice cream and then on an English Muffin, yum! Husband didn't really know what to think of it, of course, he did finish his, but I told him he was an Herb-Snob. :) Click on the recipe below and it will direct you to her site. She does such a great job with photography on this too...

Vanilla Ice Cream with Basil-Peach Topping

No comments:

Post a Comment