Friday, July 15, 2011

365 Project?

Ok, so I'm trying this out! My sister-in-law is in the midst of the 365 project, I think she completed last year too if I'm correct. Anyway, for those of you who don't know about it, you take a picture EVERYDAY and once a week post the pics and tell a little bit about the day. It may seem insignificant at first, but after you look back on it, it's amazing to watch how your children grow, how God has provided for you and how life has changed. You can also print the blog out and keep it as a scrapbook. I liken it to having a very "public" diary!:) I personally LOVE reading my SIL's blog and keep in touch with her and her family that way. Now, when I see them a couple times a year I know exactly what's going on and it's much easier to pick up where you left off! (Not that it has ever been hard to do, it's just nice when you know what your family has been up to!)

I've thought about doing this the past couple of years but with working on my Masters, being pregnant and having a newborn, the thought just overwhelmed me. I think now, I feel a settling in my soul(I think motherhood has done that for me) and perhaps would enjoy documenting our quaint little family's daily activities. I really wish I had it this past year for Levi's first year of life! I'm excited to see how I will look back and see how faithful our God is and how He's changing me and my family everyday.

I feel like another thing that has gotten in my way has been my own perfectionism, the little bit that I possess.:) (Ok, maybe it's just pride...) I feel like I am setting myself up for failure even attempting this. I don't know how many times I turn the camera on, the batteries are dead and there are no more! Things like that really bug me and make me want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. (Never really liked that phrase, but it seemed to fit here). But as I have read my SIL's there are days where there is no picture and guess what, it's ok, she keeps on going. The end result is worth it! Kinda like the Christan life, you know? We don't just give up when we fall down or mess up, we keep going cause we know the end result!

So, I'm going to give it a whirl, see how it goes. If it doesn't work for me, then that's ok too. Because honestly, I didn't even want to start in the middle of year, how tacky is that? (Again, stuff like that irks me, yes, I am the lady that organizes everything on the checkout lane into frozen, cold, bread, canned goods,etc...) But, I thought this way would be no pressure to finish till the end of the year, if it doesn't seem to fit our lifestyle. I guess, you never know until you try!

I'll still have special updates and stuff too, for instance a trip or vacation or things of that nature, so it just won't only be 365 project. I'm sure you'll get to see a lot of Levi here in the next few weeks!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment