Monday, June 27, 2011

More Gardening thoughts...

This may sound silly, but now that I know what fresh herbs taste like, I can't get enough! My life has changed in the cooking department for sure! I feel like a much better cook as of late, my husband may think otherwise, but you'll have to ask him!;)

Here's a look at some fresh parsley and cilantro:





Next year, I plan on making the herbs a bit more accessible on the back porch instead of walking all the way down to the garden, yep, I'm being lazy, when you're in a hurry cooking you just want to grab and go!

Here's just a few things I've done with the fresh herbs lately:


Adding fresh Parsley to everything, glazed carrots, rice, Hawaiin Chicken, etc... I have so much of this stuff, plan on making a parsley/basil pesto here soon.

Cilantro-Lime Vinigratte- we marinated flounder with this and then put it on the grill...yummy. Only next time I think I would have it set overnight or at least all day.
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/05/cilantro-lime-vinaigrette-grilled-fish-tacos/

Fresh Basil on everything, pizza, baked spaghetti, salads and again plan on doing some pesto for freeze. Here's the recipe I use for that, to freeze however, leave out the Parmesean Cheese until the day you serve.
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/09/fresh-basil-pesto/

And here's a few recipes I want to try in the future, this has definitely made me want to cook so much healthier! Yay, for that! We need it!:)


http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/05/mango-quinoa-salad

http://www.notrachaelray.com/2011/06/21/summer-pasta-salad

http://www.notrachaelray.com/2011/05/20/strawberries-with-basil-sugar/

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/pico-de-gallo

1 comment: