Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 32

Sunday, August 7th
Played guitar this morning with the Worship Team at church, which always leaves me really tired, came home took it easy and enjoyed some family time this evening.






Monday, August 8th
Busy, busy day. Took Levi to his 15 month well-baby check-up. He turned out to have a double ear infection from the cold he got last week. I was really hoping he wouldn't develop one. He never shows any signs of it, so it always makes me feel like a bad mom for not catching it and I hate to go to the dr. everytime he gets a cold, you know?




Later that day, John and a guy from Alpine who is into construction put in one of our new back sliding doors. It's wonderful! It cuts down a lot of the sound from the interstate and it's really air tight, so hopefully we won't freeze to death this coming winter like we did last year!:) One more door to go!









Tuesday, August 8th

Went to a luau themed surprise birthday party tonight. It was for one of John's "old" soccer players, not really old, just graduated now:) Here's a few pics from the evening.







Wednesday, August 9th
I had training all day today, so my mom came over to watch Levi and John and his buddy put in the second door. We love it, it has made the room feel so much more finished, secure and sound proof! YAY!

The old door:



New door:



Levi watching the guys work:



Finished product:



After I got home from training, I had some quality time with Levi!



Thursday, August 10th
I've been trying to get the house a real thorough cleaning before I go back to work, so I'm working on one or two rooms a day up until work starts the next week. Here's Levi helping me "dust"! He loved it!:)




Friday, August 11th

John and I left for a weekend get-away before I go back to work and he starts school and soccer. It's kinda of our time together before we say, "see you in November"! :) Levi stayed the weekend with Grannie and Grandpa this time. We stayed at a friend's cabin at Holly River State Park and here's John in the cabin. It was late before we got there, but we made it down the VERY curvy road!



Saturday, August 12th
A gorgeous day at the cabin and park! We hiked most of the day, here's a few pics of God's amazing creation!







After an early dinner at the Park Restaurant we went to a bluegrass concert at Jerry Run Summer Theatre. Here's a pic of the old converted barn outside the theatre. We had a fun night!


No comments:

Post a Comment