Saturday, February 8, 2014

Week 6: Valentine's Countdown for the Little People

Sunday, Feb. 2nd- Saturday, Feb. 8th

Sunday

Boys at church





We have no church services on Sunday evenings right now, so we try to spend extra time with family, so it was date night for Mommy and Daddy. It's been awhile!  Anyway, I don't think Levi and Si minded too much:



Monday:

Someone is extremely proud of being able to dress himself these days. He changes several times a day now, haha! And he can even do socks too!



Tuesday

Big day at work. Our Title I Staff put on a Parent Technology Night which included training on Engrade, iPads, and our CAT assessments. We also shared our school's portaportal that we are working on, it's a work in progress but you can view it here:

Guest Portaportal

Next to User Name type in CCES14, then click Visit.

Enjoy!

*If any of my readers have some other great sites they could recommend to add to these grade levels, please leave a comment below!

Picking up my babies to take them home after a late night:



Wednesday

Breakfast of champions...


NOT!

Brought the kids home some fake snowballs to have fun in the house with:


Si's pretending to wear a "tie" like Daddy. He kept telling me "bye" and that he was going to "wort"...work of course. Love seeing them mimic their Daddy.



Momma's favorite spot while the boys are playing these days...feeling tired!



Thursday

Had a 2 hour delay today but still some snowy travels this morning:


Yep, someone's in the ditch at the bottom of our hill. Eeek!

Levi's started running a low grade fever this evening, hate seeing these guys sick!


Friday

Getting cleaned up before we host a surprise birthday party for a good friend:



B-day party games:



Saturday

Never thought I'd be one to celebrate Valentine's Day, but having kids sure does change things. I see this as wonderful way to talk about God's Love to my children so we are gonna do it!

I'm combining two wonderful resources:

14 Day's of God's Love and Valentine's Day Countdown for Kids

We are starting today, so really only a 7 day countdown for us, I can only take one week at a time with my life and that's pushing it sometimes! haha!

Here's the layout:

God's Love cards that say the following glued onto a white envelope:

God's Love is Perfect, Good, Kind, Patient, for Everyone, Forgiving, Gift.
Open the envelope an inside is the card that says the activity or treat for the day and somehow, no matter how cheesy I tie it into the character trait. :)



Day 1: God's Love is Perfect
Scripture: I John 4:18-19
Fun Card: Bake cookies....perfectly!

So, the boys had to find the envelope first, then we sat down and read our verse, BRIEFLY talked about it and read the fun card. Also, another thing we are doing is counting down the days until Valentine's Day because we are getting a special visitor on Vday. Mommy is throwing in some calendar/number activities for that one!


Working on our number cards for the day: 6 days left until our special visitor is here!

 Reading our Bible verse and fun card:

 Working on putting 6 stickers on the number 6:



Now, it's cookie time!

Our heart cookies didn't turn out perfectly, but Levi and I talked about how that's ok, because God is perfect and so was His Son Jesus who loved us so much He died for our sins!




1 comment: