A lot.
It all started with this:
Having babies really do change so much of your thinking. And once those babies start ingesting food you start feeling a bit helpless. Everyone we talk to either knows someone or has their own issues with food allergies, autism, ADHD, Crohn's, or autoimmune disorders and asthma that all the healthy (or "crunchy") blog mommas say can be cured or ease the symptoms of by simply eating healthy foods. Like me, you've heard it all: Gluten-free, Raw food diet, Clean eating, Paleo, Feingold and the list literally goes on forever.
Don't get me wrong, I believe them and I love this information, I've learned so much, but it can become an idol in my life just like anything else. John and I have changed a lot on how we eat since our beginning years of marriage (like not eating half-price appetizers at Applebees every Sunday night). We really do love the concept of growing our own food and buying locally, but it is very difficult to do in these mountains. Not very many farms=not very much local food.
But like I've said, it's really something I've had to give to the Lord.
Our budget does NOT allow to buy everything organic, so what can we do?
And as always, God hears our prayers and this is how we're are trying to take care of our temples, that is our bodies.
*Joined a CSA- CSA stands for Community Sustained Agriculture where members of a community pledge to support or buy produce from the farmers in their local area. We have the awesome privilege of doing this through the business of Greenbrier Nurseries where they are growing over 200 varieties of fruits, vegetable and herbs for our community this coming summer. Their farm is near Talcott, WV, wonderful farming country.
-If you are local, they are still selling shares, call: (304)- 256-5775
You can also find information on their Facebook page: Farm to Table at Greenbrier Nurseries.
It sounded "scary" at first to commit but I am so excited to get my grocery bag every week beginning in June filled with lots of local farm fresh food. I love the variety, it will be like Christmas every Friday!:) I know this will help me stay away from the grocery stores that seem to literally drain me of every dime and nickel.
*Became a Rep for Wildtree- I surprised myself with this one, this was not planned. I was browsing through my Facebook Newsfeed recently and one of my friends (one of those crunchy mommas who know a whole lot more about healthy living than I do) had a picture of all these beautiful food items for $50. The caption was something like how to buy organic food on a budget. Of course, that caught my attention. I learned that she had become a rep for a direct-sales company called Wildtree that produces non-GMO, no MSGs, no preservatives, low sodium and sugar and USDA organic grade food. I researched it and realized that for $50 if was worth a shot to even try the food and see if it would save us money and have the added benefit of not putting chemicals in our bodies. So far, we LOVE it, I have been very impressed with how much I like the products and how a little adds a lot of flavor. I plan on posting recipes on the blog here of how I use the products. So feel free to follow me along on this food journey!
I think if you have small children it's worth it to join Wildtree just to get the HUGE box that you receive in the mail:
Filled it up with cars, now getting them out. They played with this big box all evening! Definitely worth $50!
Now, on to more important things, like what did I get in this mysterious box? :)
Look at all that food! The oils are amazing with so much flavor, YUMMY! The Roasted Garlic is one of my favs.
This is filled with wonderful spice blends and recipe starters to make it easy and convenient to cook with at meals. There are bundles you can buy that have everything you need (minus the protein) to prepare 10 meals including recipe cards as well as Freezer Meal workshop options. This is probably my favorite part of Wildtree that I'm learning about because I'm a big Freezer Meal kinda-girl.
I do have a website that you can visit to order or browse through the products:
LeeAnn's Wildtree Website- click on the link or cut and paste this: http://www.mywildtree.com/SHARPTEACHER
If you are local and want to host a party and receive free product, please email me at
jlsharp05@gmail.com
or
Find me on Facebook at LeeAnn Sharp
If you'd like to become a rep, receive free products and perhaps extra income on the side please email me for information about the Business Starter Kit ($50 plus S&H) shown above.
I pray that the above opportunities that God has brought into my life will again not become a way for me to be enslaved by food but a way to be free in my mind as I have the responsibility of feeding my family.
Food = fellowship = family time = memories... and that's PRICELESS!



No comments:
Post a Comment