We made a crazy decision today after church and headed towards the State Fair in a torrential downpour. We had a feeling the rain was going to pass through and it cleared the fair grounds out pretty good (besides the teeny-boppers there to see Austin Mahone???). The boys and Mommy especially enjoy the food and we got to see the animals and of course all the wonderful tractors.
See the storm clouds behind us?
Monday, August 12th
Levi packing for his night away from home.
Levi got to spend the night with Pa and Gee tonight, but first they had to stop at Chick-fil-a, of course!:)
Tuesday, August 13th
This sleepy bear slept in and I finally went in and got him up at 10am. It felt amazing to sleep in a little bit too and clean house before lunch.
Kitchen is never this clean before lunch!
Wednesday, August 14th
Daddy is starting to get swamped at work before school starts so today we had another "nice" dinner. Levi played outside while Si took a 3 1/2 hour nap so it was a perfect time to try a new recipe. I tried Caprese Lasagna Roll-Ups
Thursday, August 15th
Levi took a few pics with my phone today for the first time on his own, he didn't do too bad.
After Levi and I came up from playing in the basement to get Si up from his nap we both noticed the house had a strange smell. It was an electrical-type burn smell, so checked things out and called Daddy while I took the kids outside. Ended up being our AC, thank goodness we are 15 degrees cooler than ever this August.
Friday, August 16th
Look who woke up sick today: fever with no other symptoms besides being lethargic and no appetite.
Excited to get our order of We Choose Virtues, can't wait to get started! I'll post more on this later.
Trying to play after naptime today.
Levi ventured out to watch Daddy work on the AC this evening, think he is on the mend, the AC, not so much. :(
Saturday, August 17th
I know I post pictures of the boys playing together a lot, but we work on how to play together ALL the time, so I can't help but rejoice when they show progress and joy in each other. This morning, the boys played probably close to an hour together with the same toys even! I thank the Lord for these moments because it makes all the hard work worth it!
Daddy had lots of things to get done around the house this weekend since the next two weeks are going to be crazy with the arrival of his soccer players and new students. I appreciate so much how he still involves his 3 year old son as much as possible. I know it would go much quicker if he just did it himself, but he takes the time anyway.









No comments:
Post a Comment