Levi decided to do a quick clean-up before church. He can be such a great helper! But he also likes to point out to me now when things are messy. When he got in our van the other night he said it was stinky and messy in momma's van! Haha!
Monday, July 29th
Nothing beats playing with your trucks in the dirt.
Then it's bathtime for everyone, including the trucks!
Tuesday, July 30th
Enjoying some outdoor living space.
Wednesday, July 31st
Ventured out on this rainy day to the Youth Museum to meet Curious George. Levi enjoyed it from a distance! It was a nice though with story-time with George, pictures, coloring pages and free ice cream for the kids. There would have been games but the raining hindered that.
Thursday, August 1st
Another rainy day (it's been a WET summer to say the least)
Finally figured out the spaghetti maker (that's what I call it). First time, he could do it himself and it kept his attention for a long time!:)
Cleared up this evening and Levi helped Daddy grill up some supper but got some bug bites. We tried banana peels for "bandaids" and it cleared the bites right up, no itching or red spots.
Then after they healed up it was time to wash all the cars with Daddy. Again, what a good helper.
Friday, August 2nd
We've had a rough week of parenting around here. The boys are having lots of trouble getting along and I am repeating myself over and over again it seems like. So, back to the drawing board!:) Decided to break out our God's Wisdom for Little Boys and review our character traits and add a new one. This week it's Friendly! Very appropriate for us, Proverbs 17:17. The plan is to get Si more involved now too, even though some of it may be over his head but that's ok, you have to start somewhere.
Beautiful day today, so took the kid's outside to do a little experiment called "Burping Bags". Baking soda, vinegar, water, food coloring in a ziploc bag and watch it explode. You can find detailed instructions here.
*Note- be sure and use 1ply paper towels. I just took my 2ply and peeled it apart.
Levi was a little afraid of the bag and how it would grow and then the noise scared all 3 of us! Even though I was expecting it! Haha!
Put it in the water table to avoid a big mess.
The boys watching it grow...then Levi ran away.
Si was the brave one until Mommy told him to back up...
Then POP! We all screamed! Haha!
A little apprehensive.
Ok, let's investigate.
Time to get dirty!
We got to talk about reactions, Levi has helped me clean the bathroom and has seen the baking soda and vinegar reaction before so it wasn't totally new, but he enjoyed being able to touch it this time.
Then we had even more fun filling the bag up with water and jumping on it to make it burp even more!:)
Look at the difference between these two brothers. (Levi put that napkin on by himself, I don't know where he got the idea either).
Saturday, August 3rd
Today is my Grandmother's 82nd birthday so we made Grandma Bell a little keepsake that I forgot to take a picture of!:) Just took Si's handprints used them as leaves and Levi's thumbprints to make a flower. Laminate it and put magnetic tape on it to put on her fridge.
Afterwards, I let Levi paint a little bit more. I asked him to paint the letter "L" and this is what he did:
Not too bad, considering I have never really taught him how to write an "L". He did write it with his left and then switched to the right for some reason, but I definitely think he is a leftie!





No comments:
Post a Comment