Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week 51

Sunday, December 16th

Ugh, home sick today with the boys...no pic!

Monday, December 17th

Found Levi using Josiah as a pillow today. I can see why, Josiah looks like a snuggle-bug!


Tuesday, December 18th

We had Christmas with my parents today since we are leaving for CT soon. On the menu was a turkey (my first brined one that I made...ok, the first one I made EVER); ham; roasted red potatoes and carrots; baked beans; homeade mac and cheese; rolls; cranberry sauce; pumpkin cake and fudge. Can you say, yummy?


Then it was PRESENT time!






Wednesday, December 19th

The boys playing with Christmas presents this morning.


I took my brined turkey and made a super easy turkey soup, that is, I just dumped pretty much everything from last night's dinner in a pot with broth and cream of chicken soup! Oh, I should mention I love my new dutch oven, thanks sweetie!


Thursday, December 20th

Big day today! We had to pack up for our trip to CT, my mom came over to watch the kids while we did that, what a lifesaver! Here she is playing with the kids. We thought Josiah looked like a little baby bird in the nest the way he was opening his mouth. Both my boys love chewing on washcloths...yuck!



So we left at 4:30pm and drove through the night following Winter Storm Draco all the way up. Thank goodness we left early enough that everything was still just rain, but it was a terrible drive. It was so dark and rainy and we couldn't see any lines on the road. Also, there were a million and one tractor trailers, yeah we left on the biggest day of the year for UPS and FedEx. John had to drive most of the way because it was such a stressful trip. The boys did very well, sleeping most of the way. Here's one funny story though. It was 2 hours into the trip and I was driving when Levi asked to go to the potty. I told him to wait and we would get off in just a few minutes at an exit. He begins to fuss a little bit then all of a sudden it gets quiet and we here him say, "that's better", to himself...haha, oh well! Thank goodness for Pull-Ups!

Levi woke up as we went through NYC at 1am and loved it. He was so tired and sleepy talking to us, it was so cute. He called the George Washington Bridge a Christmas tree and thought all the cranes were rocket ships. He was so excited! Right outside of NYC and almost into CT the traffic came to a dead stop suddenly, we were in lines and lines of tractor trailers, it was awful. I thought for sure we would be stuck for hours, I almost cried. But, five minutes later the traffic was moving again, that was such an answer to prayer. We pulled in safely at 4am and all crawled into bed for a few hours! Praise the Lord!

Friday, December 21st

Boy, are we tired today! But thank goodness for Grampy and Grammie for taking care of the kiddos. Levi is loving being here and it's great to be with family again. The cousins came over tonight and here's what the boys ended up doing:


Saturday, December 22nd

Went to watch the boys, Parker and Blake play at their basketball games. Levi absolutely loved it and that's an understatement!





No comments:

Post a Comment