Friday, December 7, 2012

Week 48

Sunday, Nov. 25th

Nothing...

Monday, Nov. 26th

Levi may have some New England in him after all: eating some Peanut Butter and Fluff!





This may not look too appetizing now, but it will later! Here John is starting the long process of making venison-burg. I think we were up till 1 am!


Tuesday, Nov. 27th

Levi has been playing pretend a whole lot more lately. This week we've had a picnic on the beach and here he is playing with a "spider" he found on the moon! The box in the background was of course the rocket ship!




Wednesday, Nov. 28th

Finally wrote another song today, it's been over a year. I've been going thru my Bible from when I was a teenager and have been encouraged to write down my thoughts more, I have stuff written all over the margins of this Bible, you know how teenage girls are! But I have loved reading it again, all the quotes that I thought might help me someday and they are! The song I wrote is my own rendition of Psalm 13, where I have written above it, "Read when you don't feel close to God."

Here is David's Psalm to the Lord:

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.


I have been able to relate lately to the first four verses, that's a whole other blog post however! But I just LOVE the word, "but" beginning on verse 5! But I trust... isn't that where we have to grovel, where our faith has to be put into action, trust...trust in God, in His love, in His salvation, worship Him for He is good.

I hope to share the song with you after I polish it up a bit!;)

Thursday, Nov. 29th

I've been doing a lot more structured play with Levi, he needs some definite routine in his life right now and so we played with the Aquadoodle, he loved it! Of course, the teacher in me broke out the shapes to talk about and trace. He then got a sticker for putting his shapes back in the puzzle in the correct spot and telling me their names (and colors!).



Friday, Nov. 30th

Little Big man Si is 7 months old today. He's holding a steady 20 lbs. and he did grow another inch this month, 27 inches long now. He's not crawling forward yet, but he goes backward quite fast. He can get any toys of Levi's that he wants!:) There's no holding him back.







Saturday, Dec. 1st

Going to the ABC Christmas concert is kinda our kickoff to Christmas around here. We had a good, blessed night!





No comments:

Post a Comment