It's so funny how life has changed the past 2 years! It used to be such a nice, calm morning on Sunday mornings getting ready for church, but not so much anymore. This morning was quite interesting because both Levi and Josiah were having meltdowns right before we walked out the door! And everyone continued to scream all the way to church. We cranked up the worship music though and kept plugging along, prayed on the way that somehow, someway the Lord would help us calm our spirits and minds to be ready for His Word.
He answered our prayers, thank goodness for nursery workers!:) God bless them all! Josiah was happy once he got his bottle and John and I were able to focus our minds during the music. Praise the Lord!
I'm sure this isn't the last time we will be praying for strength to get through the day on the way to church, but we'll take it. God is good, even when everyone else is not!
(No pic today, too exhausted!)
Monday, June 11th
We all just can't get over how fat our little, 6 weeks Josiah is. Look at this future 12 pound Mountaineer:

Tuesday, June 12th
Speaking of 6 weeks, today was my 6 week check up! All is well! So much different than last time when it was my 11 week check up. Praise the Lord for c-sections! Anyway, here's my mom entertaining her grandson in the hot car:

Watching the big trucks go by with Mommy's headband on his head, he said it was a hat!

Saying, "big truck"

All the trips are so lengthy now, since I have to stop and feed Josiah every few hours.
Wednesday, June 13th
Grammie and Grampy from CT brought a wagon down for Levi last month, but today was the first day we could get him to ride in it. Look how he's hanging on for dear life!
We love our neighborhood and one of the reasons why is we have awesome neighbors! Here's our neighbor, Kyle hanging out with the newest kid on the block:
It's nice to be able to say that your neighbors are your friends!:)
Thursday, June 14th
Another good thing about our neighborhood is it's a great place to walk. That's what I've really been trying to do more of this week. Now that I'm all clear from the doctor I'm starting to push it a little more. Here's the view for me:

I walk as soon as we put Levi down and it's that perfect time of day...dusk. It's very restful for the soul and a great time to pray or reflect on God's goodness. Love it!
Friday, June 15th
It's been a long, but good week. John's been on the river a lot and is just as exhausted as I am I think! But, I made an appt with a local photographer tonight so off we go! Here's Josiah passed out on our bed while we get ready:

I think we could have all been there!
Saturday, June 16th
Big day out and everyone is tired, but Levi was past the point of no return and couldn't get to sleep for his nap. He really was trying to get to sleep but to no avail so Daddy went in to try and help. Can you see?

Still didn't sleep but at least he did rest a bit in his bed, early bedtime tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment