Saturday, June 2, 2012

Week 22

Sunday, May 27th

Today was our first day all of us together at church and Levi's first time in the 2's and 3's class. It's so hard to believe! I know it'll just be a blink of an eye before Josiah is there, that's why I'm trying to eat him up now! Here's a pic of us at church, too bad Levi's eyes are closed!



Monday, May 28th

I love Memorial Day and what it means. It really does help me to stop and think about the sacrifices of others and how blessed I am to live in this country. It also burdens me too, to continue to pray for our troops, President and our future. As I think about our boys growing up, I want to instill in them a true sense of patriotism and love for their country, holidays like Memorial Day are wonderful opportunites to teach our children.

This evening we had some friends over that have three little girls for a cookout. We had a blast letting the kids run around and us adults chatting together. It's great to have such fellowship!


We brought the blow up toy out to help contain the kids, they loved it!

Tuesday, May 29th

Today and yesterday have been really trying with Josiah, he has been constantly crying! Hoping it's just a little growth spurt, we'll see! Good thing is, it's only been during the day, at night he's fine, so I guess it could be worse.

Daddy got away from the crying this afternoon, by working on Tara's kennel outside. We're hoping to set up a spot for her to go to cause it's a little overwhelming to have her in the house all the time with two babies!


Wednesday, May 30th

Much better day with Josiah, so glad for the constant crying to have stopped! YAY! And today Josiah is one month old! He's growing like a weed and is a blessing to have.

I'm hoping to get him more on a routine, I feel like I just have him flailing along during the day. It's so opposite of what I did with Levi, but it's so much harder with a toddler around. Right now, I can't get Josiah to sleep in his crib during the day. At night, he's fine in there, but for naps it's either his seat or swing, but he's not sleeping good because Levi is so loud playing, Josiah will wake up screaming and go back to sleep! "Sigh"...we'll get there I guess!





Thursday, May 31st

John finished my Mother's Day present today, a gorgeous bench for me to sit on outside! I've been asking for one ever since we moved in here and so when John's dad was down for Josiah's birth, they got to work on it for me. Check it out, it's beautiful and comfortable!

Here's a few pics of the wood before:


And here's the finished product:




Friday, June 1st

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad! He turned 55, it's official, he's old!:) Said so himself! He had to work today but after work we stopped by to have a big dinner and some cake. Here's the highlights from the night:


Saturday, June 2nd

BBrrr...cold this morning, almost wanted to turn the heat on, but didn't, of course not in June! haha! But it was quite chilly in the house this morning! It warmed up later for our friends the Kirklands/Tucker's wedding. John and I got to "get away" and enjoy a wedding at the church. The groom is both a friend and college student at ABC, so it was nice to share in his day. We get invited to A LOT of weddings with John being around so many college guys and we don't get to attend very many of them due to time and distance, so we really enjoy it when they are close and we can go. We have two more we think we can make next weekend too. Hooray for marriage! haha!

Cutting the cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment