Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 18

Monday, April 30th

We were told that my csection was scheduled for 7:30 so to be at the hospital 2 hours beforehand, but when we got to the hospital they didn't have me down until 9am and the lady at the desk said not to come back until 8am. I was bummed because I was so hungry and dehydrated and it's not like we could go back home we're 45 minutes away! Anyway, thank goodness for technology because we hopped back in the van in the backseat and watched a movie on our DVD player! haha! Oh, and we caught a few Zzzs too!


Fast forward a few hours and here we are in the room getting ready. My surgery didn't happen until 10am and at 10:20am here's our newest addition:

Meet Josiah Michael:


Born on 4/30 at 10:20am
6 lbs. 11.5 oz.
19 3/4 inches long

We LOVE him! Was there any doubt..no of course not, but at the same time you wonder how you can love the next one as much as the first, but it's amazing how your heart grows and swells with love. Here's a few pics from the day...


As for me, I did great during the csection, didn't get sick or anything. Josiah was brought in as soon as I was in the recovery room and he nursed the whole hour I was in recovery...like a champ too. He did great and still is! 5 hours or so after though, the afterbirth pains started and let me tell ya, they are definitely worse the 2nd time! I was thankful for the pain meds! The worst of them lasted off and on that day, but even the next day they would be really bothersome! I didn't try to get out of bed this first day, but that night I did sit up at the edge until I felt like I was going to faint!:)

Another thing I was pleasantly surprised about was I was free to eat anything I wanted too by noon. Of course, I didn't start out with steak or anything, but it was nice to get something in me, finally! All in all, the csection was a great experience and I would do it again...(haha, that's for my mom)!


Tuesday, May 1st

Didn't get much sleep, of course being in a hospital, but we did get a few hours off and on, just getting us ready for being home with a newborn anyway, I guess. I finally got up this afternoon after getting checked out by the Dr and getting some more food in me and it was kinda rough. Not nearly as bad as last time with Levi, but I was glad to get it over with! I knew the next time wouldn't be as rough and it wasn't. By that evening, I was walking the halls. Unfortunately, however, I had some really terrible pain, the worst I had the whole time late that night. Evidently, it took the dr a little finangling to get Josiah out, she is known for how quick she gets the babies out, like in 30 seconds, but for me it was 2 minutes. That's 2 minutes of her pushing on me, I felt during that time that my ribs were going to break (even though it didn't hurt, you could still feel the pressure, weird stuff, those spinals). Anyway, I was having kinda like rib spasms, it was horrible, almost as worse as back labor, becuase it would take my breath away and I felt like I was suffocating! But it wasn't too long they gave me a few shots of something and I was resting peacefully!:)

Here's a few pics from today:


Wednesday, May 2nd

My rib pain was completely gone, so they let us go home! YAY! We got home around 5pm and John's parents arrived about 30 minutes later, then Levi arrived with my parents about 30 minutes after that! Levi was a little overwhelmed and had a rough night going to sleep, he kept wanting me and John to go rub his back!:) I think he missed us!


Thursday, May 3rd- Saturday, May 5th

Since this is such a long post I decided to put the next few days together. John's parents are being a wonderful help, especially with Levi during the day and Josiah at night, we kinda wonder how we're going to do it ourseleves! Anyway, here's some pics to prove the point:


Since Levi turned two on Friday, May 4th, we threw a little birthday/meet the baby party and had family and some friends over.



It was a great time and I think Levi felt pretty special. I'm not usually a big birthday party person, but I thought this warranted one this year!:) Here's some pics of the party. I'm so grateful to everyone that came out, it was a great time. I couldn't believe I was physically up for it, but I did fine! I'm really liking this whole csection thing!:)

Speaking of which, I know some people are really against them and say they don't feel like a mother if they have to go through with one, but I feel the exact opposite. In my circumstances, I feel closer to Josiah then I ever did with Levi this early on, because I have been able to hold Josiah and walk around, get up and down, change diapers all those wonderful things that I couldn't do with Levi for a couple of weeks. It's been a blessing~ I'm so thankful to be a mom of two wonderful boys, they came differently, but I love them just the same!

Here I am with Levi a few days after birth...

Here I am with Josiah:




No comments:

Post a Comment