Sunday, April 22nd
Here's a pic of the baby's room, I think we finally have it finished, the week before! haha! Way different than last time when that was 4 months before!
Levi playing with the baby toys, again!
Monday, April 23rd
Well, hello Old Man Winter! Look what the boys (and Tara) are watching this morning. Yes, it snowed all morning long. Kinda crazy.
Later we all went to the Sports Banquet at the college. It's always nice to hear the testimonies from the athletes. This year they surprised the coaches with a gift card to Olive Garden. Think I know where our first date after the baby arrives will be!:)
Daddy and Levi accepting the gift card.
Eating Mommy's cake!
Tuesday, April 24th
We had a visitor today! Greta and Caleb (he's 2 1/2) came by for some playtime. I forgot to take pics of them playing, but here they are AFTER they gave each other a goodbye hug, bummed I missed the hug. Couldn't get them to do it again. Anyway, it was so nice to see Levi playing with another little boy, it got me pretty excited to think about what life will be like in a few years. Good times!
Wednesday, April 25th
Levi and I made rainbows this morning with his leftover water from making his oatmeal. It's amazing the things that kids can be entertained by. Now, he wants me to do it everytime he sees sunlight on the floor! Haha!
Later on this evening before Daddy went to church I caught my two men eating chips, looking just alike. This is one of Levi's all-time favorite things to eat besides an orange.
Thursday, April 26th
The robin's eggs hatched! I've been trying to catch a picture with their beaks sticking out but it's been really difficult. It's so much fun to watch the Mom and Dad birds feed them all day though. What a reminder of what I'll be doing this time next week!
Friday, April 27th
Today was one of those days. I had high expectations of how I wanted today to go and it just didn't happen. I don't know why I do this to myself! Today was the "last" day of just me and Levi while Daddy was at work. I was hoping for a really nice laid, back sweet kind of day with him. But oh no, Levi was a bear! haha! Typical 2 year old (well, almost) stuff. Fussing and crying over anything and everything and refusing to eat anything because he wanted a
"pop" (popscicle). To make matters worse, I was really looking forward to meeting John out at ABC for their school picnic that evening, but I locked myself and Levi out of the house, so no picnic for us.:( John eventually came home and took the opportunity to mow before all the craziness next week, but the last thing I wanted to do was hang out in the house anymore! So off to Chik-fil-a for me and Levi. It was a nice "date". He ate like a champ and I was able to relax and eat too! We were gone about an hour and I think it did us both good. We had a good few minutes with Daddy before bedtime.
I'm hoping I can be a bit more laid back in the days to come and not put all the extra expectations on myself or my family. It's hard, I'm praying the Lord helps me to rest in HIM!
Saturday, April 28th
No expectations today! We had a nice lazy, but stormy morning here and then a great somewhat warm evening outside. We're enjoying our Levi time.
Sunday, April 29th
Wow, 2 year old molars are not fun! I've been wondering what happened to my sweet boy the last few days, today Grannie finally figured it out when Levi had his head back and mouth open. Hope this doesn't cause too much havoc for us this upcoming week! At least Levi will have a crying buddy tomorrow!:)
Anyway, we all had a busy day of finishing up packing and cleaning and getting ready for some company over the next week or two. I started getting a little nervous this afternoon about the upcoming surgery, but no more than I really was with labor last time! haha! Here we all are (almost) when we said goodnight to Levi at Grannie and Pa's. Levi was a little wired but oh well! It's a memory.
*Just a disclaimer the following weeks may be a bit sporadic and definitely expect LOTS of baby pics and baby news. This is a new stage in our lives and we're going to talk about it! Probably A LOT!
Additionally, we covet your prayers during this time, please pray for health and safety for us all and ultimately that John and I will become closer together as a couple to lead our children in the way that they should go....God is good and all this is to glorify HIM! AMEN!






SO excited for your family!! You'll have some adjusting weeks...just keep in mind that with each passing day it gets easier...ever so slightly easier.
ReplyDeletePraying for an easy, safe time!