Saturday, April 19, 2014

Week 16

Sunday, April 13 - Saturday, April 19th

Sunday

Got outside some more today. The boys love playing in the dirt with the truck their cousins made them.




Spring Cleaning:


Levi had an accident tonight, his first big one. He was getting ready to take a bath but tripped over our new bath mat and hit the edge of the bathtub. It was not very fun, but he was a very brave boy going to the dr and getting taped and glued back together. This was not the way that I had planned on starting our Spring Break however, but God knew and He is in control.



Monday

Daddy stayed home to give me an extra hand with Levi and I was grateful, it was hard to keep ice on him throughout the day.



Tuesday

It would not be a West Virginia Spring Break without SNOW!



Wednesday

We have been doing our Resurrection Eggs, but I found that doing two every two days was better for the boys so they could each open one and get more of the story at a time, so that's how we are rolling this year!

Here's Mommy's eggs from work that the boys got to get into today. Spelling short vowel words with pipe cleaners...yeah, the words not so much! We just practiced some letter identification/sounds.





 Being stuck inside on this cold day, Mommy pulled out the paint! But this one is cool, the paint is inside the paper and you just dab a little water on it to get the paint on the brush. This was a Melissa and Doug kit.



Thursday

The boys were at Pa and Gee's and took some great pics, but I didn't get them transferred over yet. Funny story today was we had the boys try to take a nap together in the same room for the first time over there and it was quite hilarious to hear them giggling up a storm...so yeah, no nap today.

Friday

Play Dough and the Easter Story

We have had this Easter story since Levi's first Easter, not the best in content however I do like the correlation it makes vaguely between spring and new things being born, I elaborate on that for awhile, but anyway, we grabbed the cookie cutters and went to work reading page by page and making the various shapes the story had on that page. It was lots of fun.


This is what our creative mess  time looked like!

In spring, baby animals are born (and we can be reborn too because of what Jesus did for us)...

J is for Jesus, who was called the Good Shepherd... 



Jesus, God's Son, paid our debt for our sin on the cross....

 Levi wanted to make Jesus on His cross.


Then he showed me a sad face because this is the sad part of Easter.

Rolling the stone in front of the tomb, then rolling it away...



Look, He is not here...He is risen!


Because Jesus rose from the dead we can sing of His awesome power!

Levi's happy face for the happy part of Easter!

Here the boys are listening to some good old hymns, "Nothing but the Blood", "Are you washed in the Blood", "Because He Lives" and so on.



Later, while Si was sleeping during nap time Levi and I worked on a sight word reader that told the story of Easter, as well. I found this freebie HERE! Just need to create a free TeacherPayTeachers account, there is a TON of free stuff on there so I highly recommend it even if you are not a "teacher".

Levi did a great job with this, I was very surprised this kept his attention the whole time and he really did learn how to spell and recognize the word, "Jesus".




He also was very creative with every page, using different colored glue on every one.



I had him manipulate the letters to spell "Jesus" every time before he could glue it to the page.

The finished product:

It was quite amazing the leftovers scraps from cutting out the "Jesus" letter cards made his name perfectly. Levi made this creation all on his own.


Ok, so I know this is a total brag-session on Levi this week, but Mommy's can do that occasionally.;) Anyway, I told Levi to write his name and he completely shocked me when he did, all on his own without looking at anything (he did this before he made his name above). I did have to help him on letter "v", but that's all! He has never done that before. This kid is definitely ready for preschool! I think he will have a blast next year!

Saturday

Had a fun day with Daddy: friend's house; pizza; park; more outside play time...then, pass-out.



No comments:

Post a Comment