Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Week 2: The Deep Freeze & a Special Prayer Request

Sunday, Jan. 5th - Saturday Jan. 11th

Monday-Wednesday

Well, we got a bit a snow, but a lot more "cold" from the Flash Freeze that moved across the country this week. No work for three days for this momma! YAY!  Here's what we did while we were frozen stuck in the house...

We had a "Coffee Party"


We read some books and made "Thank You" cards.






I know I'm going to miss these little "surprises" that I find one of these days. "The days are long but the years are short," they say.

By Tuesday evening, Si had resorted to playing with towels: 



 But look how excited he is to go to church Wednesday night:


There is a world out there after all! Haha!

Thursday

Back to work, but I don't think the boys really minded at all to have a new face! They were happy to see Gee!

Friday

I could get use to a two day work week:)

Look what I get to come home to:



Saturday

Morning with Daddy:


Later, John got to play soccer with some former ABC grads/soccer players for an impromptu reunion of sorts. However, the prompting is due to a very serious manner of prayer that I ask you to lift up as well. One of the young men, newly married has just been diagnosed with a Chordoma tumor at the back of his skull. This is an extremely dangerous diagnosis. Please lift up JD and Sarah to the Heavenly Father in prayer. I am so glad that John got to spend time with him before he goes to Johns Hopkins for a consultation.  Their testimony is phenomenal, but I know that doesn't negate the anxiety and fear that they are facing. You can follow their journey HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment