Playing at Pa and Gee's house this evening.
And yes, we got to pull ticks off of us after this. Yuck!
Monday, June 3rd
We are working on getting back into routines around here and all being together and learning to share (again) and be kind (again). I think it's paying off!
Peek-a-boo
Tuesday, June 4th
This is Si's, "I love Blueberries face!"
Here's a little update on what Si is doing these days. He is starting to talk up a storm now. Saying momma, help, uh-oh, ouch, thank you, more, Amen, dog, quack, duck, go, and probably more that I can't think of right now. He is a very persistent little booger and tough too. He has to be around a rowdy three year old. He still just has 7 teeth but that doesn't stop him from eating anything. He is sleeping 12-13 hours a night and is still taking 2 naps for a total of 3 hours typically. He is completely weaned and doing great. So thankful for a healthy boy.
Wednesday, June 5th
Happy Birthday, sweetheart! You are very loved!
Here's an oldie for ya!
And here's what we did today:
Worked on Daddy's Coffee-Brownie Trifle.
I think it's done!
Daddy is home and we are ready to party! Levi has been biting at the bit all day!
It's cake time!
Levi was just too excited!!!
Singing, "Happy Birthday."
John has been asking for one of these for years now. So there you go!
Even with all the coffee, it was kid-approved too!
We had a really fun day celebrating Daddy today. God is so good to us!
Coffee - Brownie Trifle
Cubed Brownies (I use coffee when it calls for water and I used almost a whole 9 x 13 pan)
1 block of cream cheese softened
1 cup of milk
1 instant chocolate pudding
2 tubs of cool whip
1 cup of strong coffee divided
Soak the cubed brownies in 1/4 cup of coffee and set aside.
Beat cream cheese and remaining coffee until well blended. Add milk, beat and then add pudding mix. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in 3 big spoonfuls of Cool Whip.
Now just layer. Brownies, pudding mix, Cool Whip, and repeat.
It's even better the next day after the flavors mesh!
Thursday, June 6th
Daddy had a great time fishing on the Gauley today.
Levi is learning how to fillet fish and wearing his finding Nemo jammies. This kinda cracked me up.
Friday, June 7th
Busy day with the boys taking them to their checkups. Levi is now 37 inches tall and 27 lbs. Tall and skinny guy. Josiah is 23 lbs and 27 inches long. Short and stout! Haha!
I love being a Mommy to two boys though, look what Levi brought to me today.
Saturday, June 8th
John and I got to attend a wedding today, for John a former soccer player and for me a former camper I had back in my camp counseling days. Boy, do we feel old. But what a blessing to see them come together and we pray God's blessing on their marriage. It was an absolutely gorgeous day!







No comments:
Post a Comment