Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 3

Sunday, Jan. 13th

So I've decided to start some time specifically devoted to "learning" with Levi. I've debated this for awhile, the teacher in me could go nuts with this, but I don't want to do that to him. I like for him to learn through play as much as possible right now, because he has plenty of time for "school" later! But, I thought this might help him learn to sit quietly, some self-control and help the 2 hour morning nap that Josiah takes go by a little faster since he has to play quietly.

I'm not teaching him to read or anything, just going through THIS Bible, The Beginner's Bible and following, very loosely, the free Christian preschool curriculum for 2 year olds from ABC Jesus Loves Me, www.abcjesuslovesme.com.

So here is our "learning time" area, trying to avoid the word "school" here for a reason!


I'm hoping he enjoys his one-on-one time with Mommy and it'll be good for me to refresh my skills!:)

Monday, Jan. 14th

Lots of cleaning today, no pic.

Since I'll be busy with Levi doing LT (Learning Time) on Tues. Wed. & Thurs., Monday is going to be my cleaning day.

Tuesday, Jan. 15th

Levi said he liked his "learning time" and his favorite part was learning about God! This really helped Josiah's 2 hour naptime not seem so long!

We are working on sitting quietly while an adult is talking and day 1 of creation and learning Genesis 1:1. To go along with the number 1 we are going to make an apple tree book too. Again, all these printables can be found at
www.abcjesuslovesme.com.




Wednesday, Jan. 16th

Learning Time Day 2 went pretty good. The newness has already worn off! haha! We had one little meltdown during painting time, but he's learning!



Look at this baby pulling up on EVERYTHING!





Thursday, Jan. 17th

Waited on a snow storm all day today. It finally came for about an hour really hard then was gone.


To pass the time we had Learning Time again. We concentrated on circles today, the shape the Lord made the earth (I know it's more spherical but we are going basic here). At the end of our time, I asked Levi to find all the shapes in the kitchen and we would take a picture of them. He loved this activity and got really into it. Here's a simple powerpoint we put together of all the circles we found.

Circles by


Friday, Jan. 18th

Went to the ABC basketball game tonight with the boys. Levi loved watching the guys play! Here he is GLUED to watching the ball!


This is after the game on the way home, he found a ball to hang on to!


Saturday, Jan. 19th

Another big night tonight at church, we had our chili night and had games afterwardsHere's the chili I brought:



After we had our fill of chili and chocolate we divided into groups and had a rotation of games: a football pass;  basketball station;  cornhole;  soccer station;  marshmallow gun station and a few others. It was fun, but a little overwhelming for Levi, our ball lover. He finally settled down and enjoyed himself. Great night with the body of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment