I'm writing this literally a month later and I'm so bummed that this is the only week we got around to doing an actual intentional "school" or as we call it, Learning Time. I don't know why as I look back on it now, the week after was really busy and then you know how it goes....life, that is! Anyway, I'm not beating myself up because we do try to make learning opportunities happen all the time, not just in the school room, but I did have some lofty goals this summer...however, we are having a fabulous summer and enjoying every minute of it!
Our little "Learning Time" room.

Levi has a "map" and is going on a treasure hunt, he has to find the "X". He did super following the directions on the map.
Looking, looking...
There's the "X"!
The boys were looking for the Greatest Treasure ever!
God's Word!
Then, we went upstairs and made little "x's" with our cheese. Can you tell we are learning about the Letter X this week? We also got to review circles and rectangles here.Levi loved using a knife.
Si liked this part.
Later on the week, Mommy drew the letters and the boys took a paintbrush, wet it and then traced it to make it disappear.
The Bible verse we have been looking at this week.
We continued to talk about God's Word being our treasure and we drew a rectangle to represent the Bible to put on our big treasure map.
More rectangles!
Thursday we had a visit from one of our good friends from college and their sweet family. The kids had a picnic in the Sun Room.
Then lots of playing outside!
On Friday, we had some arts and crafts...
Made some binoculars to go on a hunt for all the X's we could see around the house and outside.
Can you find the "X"? Levi found these.
And Si found these two! I was so proud of him!
Now, we are finding ants!
Lots of ants...
Had a fun day out this week eating Mexican and playing at the park and pond at Daddy's work.
These boys love being out in God's beautiful creation!
The boys have also been loving talking to our neighbor. They are blessed, he is very patient with them and even shows them magic tricks!
We also got to get some swimming in this week! What a busy one we've had!






















No comments:
Post a Comment