Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Big Debut

I know it's been a month since I've posted, but I finally have the rainy Saturday I've been looking forward too! It's nice to get stuck in the house sometimes...just wish John could get stuck too sometimes with me! But, he will soon!

It's been a great month, still really busy with soccer and school stuff, but we did take time out for a little date. The soccer team bought us a gift card back in September for a really nice restaurant in town so we finally got to go a few weeks ago. It was delicious! It was the first time for us going to a VERY fancy place together. We're pretty content with Little Cesar's and Wendy's, so this was a big step forward! What a blessing it was to just be together and laugh and talk....we ended up talking about baby names!

Getting ready for our night out!



The Char (Thank you soccer team for your generous gift!)

Speaking of baby names...My first doctor's appt was on Thursday and went wonderfully! I really loved the PA that I saw, my doctor couldn't be there because she was doing a c-section, but the PA was so nice and reassuring and really made us feel at home. They spent 2 hours with me that morning. Of course, doing all the medical history, taking blood and all kinds of fun stuff, but she also took the time to listen and gave us advice on several things. I felt so comfortable there, I wish it wasn't 4o minutes away, but I think it's something we feel is worth it.



The exciting part was the ultrasound of course! It was so weird, cause it happened so fast, as soon as she started the ultrasound, it was instant, we saw our little grubworm(that's what my Dad calls him...or her). The baby measured 9 weeks and 4 days, exactly what our calculations were. So tomorrow, I'm going on 10 weeks...can't believe it!

God's little child...and one day His gift to us!!!

I still have days of just feeling yucky, I don't know how else to describe it, just kinda queasy, but not as bad as a few weeks ago. John and I just ask for your continued prayers for health especially. We've had a lot of sickness at the school I'm working at, so it makes me a little apprehensive, so I'm trying to be cautious. I did get the regular flu shot for the first time ever when I was at the doctor's office, that is one of the things the PA took her time to talk over with us. I feel that this is the best thing to do for me and the baby in my situation.

I don't go again until Nov. 5th...I'll be 13 1/2 weeks by then...YAY! But, I promise to post before then. It's a busy month again, with soccer winding down, tournaments are the last weekend in Oct. and lots of extra activities at my school as well! Keep us ALL in your prayers please!

No comments:

Post a Comment