I know I'm late in joining in on this bandwagon, I've been hearing about the benefits of coconut oil for years, just never had bit the bullet and tried it...until recently!
I first wanted to try it because of issues I was having with my hair being so dry and yucky, but I ended up using it for loads of things, check it out:
*Cooking: First of all, it's a given I love cooking with it!
*Conditioner: I have used it as a hair conditioner, but I'll probably only need to do it once a month, it did the job!
*Lotion: This is the best! I've actually been using it as a facial cleanser and I immediately could tell a huge difference in my complexion. It's a great make-up remover too. I haven't had any blemishes the past month and I haven't had to wear foundation which I usually do this time of year. Also, I use it prior to shaving and after for a lotion. No yucky smells either!
*Lip Moisturizer: I use this on Levi's chapped lips and chapped skin he gets above his lip sometimes when he is sick. Works wonders.
*Burns: Used it on a burn I got from sticking my thumb in the oven (ouch!) and it helped tremendously.
*Cuticle care: Ever since I've been using this as an all-over body lotion, my cuticles on my nails are in much better condition and that's the only thing I've changed. Trust me, this momma has no time for nail care!
*Bug bites: We had been doing so good with not getting bug bites this year, but inevitably Levi did get one the other night. It was a good one too, but putting some coconut oil on whenever it started to irritate him solved the problem.
Here's a much more comprehensive list of the many uses of coconut oil, this is just what has worked for me.
Thought I'd share this for any of you who are on the fence about trying it or didn't know about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment