
I've been thinking about what kind of impression do I want Levi to have of Easter... it seemed at our house it was a quiet day, more so than usual and that even though every Sunday was church for us, we were at church earlier and longer on Easter Sunday. As a child, I really didn't understand the "quietness" but I do remember when I did understand it. Don't remember how old I was,a teenager perhaps, but Dr. Alban, some of you will remember him, preached one Sunday morning at church about the medical account of the death on the cross Jesus suffered. He went through what Jesus' human body suffered, what it felt like, again to a human body. This made a huge impression on my teenage mind.
Of course, this quiet sadness is not the only impression I had, Easter Sunday also left a leap in your throat of joy that is unexplainable! My fellow brothers and sisters you understand that I'm sure!
So now, as a mother I want to include things, activities and songs in our own celebration of Easter that are meaningful and that will impress upon Levi that Easter is truely the Resurrection Day!
How do you celebrate Easter or what memories do you have? Please share!
No comments:
Post a Comment